What is RaopX
RaopX is a Apple Airport Express client for Os X based on raop_play.
What is the main difference between RaopX and raop_play
The original raop_play lets you stream audio files to your Airport Express. RaopX streams any audio that comes in on the default input device of your Mac, and combined with the routing functionality of Soundflower this gives you the ability to stream audio from any application you’ve got on your Mac to the Airport Express.
- Xcode Developer Tools – Available from your Os X install DVD, or you can download it from Apple Developer Connection (Only needed if building from source)
- libsamplerate (Secret Rabbit Code) – Get it here (Only needed if building from source)
- Soundflower – Get it here
Install Instructions: Using the installer package
Only for Intel Macs running OS X 10.5 or newer
- Download and install Soundflower – follow instructions
- Enable Soundflower – Set ‘Soundflower (2ch)’ as default input and output device in System Preferences
- Download and install RaopX – Download the RaopX Installer (dmg file) and follow instructions. Installs the RaopX executable and the libsamplerate library into /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib
- Start RaopX – Open Terminal.app and enter RaopX at the prompt
Install Instructions: Building from source
- Install Xcode Developer Tools – follow instructions
- Download and install libsamplerate
tar zxvf libsamplerate-0.1.7.tar.gz cd libsamplerate-0.1.7 ./configure make sudo make install
tar zxvf RaopX_v0.0.4.tar.gz cd RaopX_v0.0.4 ./configure make sudo make install
- 9 seconds delay because of buffering
- No support for ‘iTunes Speaker Password’.
- No Tv support
- Consumes disk space while in use (/tmp/raopxtmpbuffer). Approximately 6-700MB per hour
I only get ‘Bus Error’, ‘Segmentation Fault’ or ‘Command not found’
Possible workaround: See if you can find the RaopX executable by running ‘ls -l /usr/local/bin’ (without the quotes). if you get permission denied, try with sudo. If the file is there, try moving it to e.g your home folder or the Applications directory and run it from there. (HowTo)
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
- RaopX_v0.0.4.dmg (2.6 MB) *Only for Intel Macs running OS X 10.5 or newer
- RaopX_v0.0.4.tar.gz (88.7 kB)
- RaopX_v0.0.4XCode.zip (57.3 kB)
Open Terminal.app and cut and paste the following commands. One line at a time.
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/RaopX sudo rm /usr/local/lib/libsamplerate.* sudo rm /private/var/db/receipts/com.hersson.raopxVersion004.*