What is RaopX
RaopX is a Apple Airport Express client for Os X based on raop_play.
What is the main difference between RaopX and raop_play
The original raop_play lets you stream audio files to your Airport Express. RaopX streams any audio that comes in on the default input device of your Mac, and combined with the routing functionality of Soundflower this gives you the ability to stream audio from any application you’ve got on your Mac to the Airport Express.
- Xcode Developer Tools – Available from your Os X install DVD, or you can download it from Apple Developer Connection (Only needed if building from source)
- libsamplerate (Secret Rabbit Code) – Get it here (Only needed if building from source)
- Soundflower – Get it here
Install Instructions: Using the installer package
Only for Intel Macs running OS X 10.5 or newer
- Download and install Soundflower – follow instructions
- Enable Soundflower – Set ‘Soundflower (2ch)’ as default input and output device in System Preferences
- Download and install RaopX – Download the RaopX Installer (dmg file) and follow instructions. Installs the RaopX executable and the libsamplerate library into /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib
- Start RaopX – Open Terminal.app and enter RaopX at the prompt
Install Instructions: Building from source
- Install Xcode Developer Tools – follow instructions
- Download and install libsamplerate
tar zxvf libsamplerate-0.1.7.tar.gz cd libsamplerate-0.1.7 ./configure make sudo make install
tar zxvf RaopX_v0.0.4.tar.gz cd RaopX_v0.0.4 ./configure make sudo make install
- 9 seconds delay because of buffering
- No support for ‘iTunes Speaker Password’.
- No Tv support
- Consumes disk space while in use (/tmp/raopxtmpbuffer). Approximately 6-700MB per hour
I only get ‘Bus Error’, ‘Segmentation Fault’ or ‘Command not found’
Possible workaround: See if you can find the RaopX executable by running ‘ls -l /usr/local/bin’ (without the quotes). if you get permission denied, try with sudo. If the file is there, try moving it to e.g your home folder or the Applications directory and run it from there. (HowTo)
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
- RaopX_v0.0.4.dmg (2.6 MB) *Only for Intel Macs running OS X 10.5 or newer
- RaopX_v0.0.4.tar.gz (88.7 kB)
- RaopX_v0.0.4XCode.zip (57.3 kB)
Open Terminal.app and cut and paste the following commands. One line at a time.
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/RaopX sudo rm /usr/local/lib/libsamplerate.* sudo rm /private/var/db/receipts/com.hersson.raopxVersion004.*
Why doesn’t my comment show up among the others
First of all: Thanks to everyone for taking the time try RaopX and especially to all of you posting comments, but as of today (22nd of November 2011), I will not approve and publish comments with questions answered several times before. There are now approximately 250 comments on this page, which makes it tedious to browse through for anyone looking for a solution to a problem. I’ll keep the comments open for anything new, but will not approve and publish anymore duplicates. It’s now a little over two years since I posted this, and I think all of the more common questions have been answered to some extent. Some only with a ‘I don’t know..’, but that has not changed. Lately there has been an increase in comments about how to uninstall, so I have just added a small section on how to do that. If you post a comment and it doesn’t show up. Please take the time to read through what is already here, or you can contact me on twitter. Also in regards to the ‘thank you’ comments, I really appreciate them, but for the reason mentioned I won’t publish anymore of them.